Day: November 5, 2012

A Short List Of Obama’s Accomplishments As President In His First Term

A complete list of accomplishments of President Barack Obama in his first term is much too lengthy to list here, but here is a shortened list of what he has meant for America.

Anyone who has not yet voted, and is still undecided, will, hopefully, see this entry tonight or early tomorrow, and use it as a justification to back the 44th President for another term.

This will be my last post or entry before voting starts at midnight today in Dixville Notch, New Hampshire.

Obama kept us out of a second Great Depression.
Obama passed health care reform, the most important reform since Medicare and Social Security.
Obama promoted an economic stimulus program which saved many jobs of public service workers and started economic revival.
Obama saved America’s auto industry.
Obama ended Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell against gays in the military.
Obama promoted sweeping financial industry reform.
Obama greatly improved benefits for veterans in our military.
Obama signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act for women.
Obama presided over the creation of over 5 million private sector jobs in his first term.
Obama brought about tax cuts for 3.5 million small businesses.
Obama promoted tax cuts for the middle class, in their weekly paychecks.
Obama appointed two women to the Supreme Court.
Obama signed the legislation creating the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Obama reformed the student loan program, and improved Pell Grants for higher education.
Obama extended unemployment benefits to those out of work for longer periods of time.
Obama promoted embryonic stem research on disease prevention and cures.
Obama invested funding in clean energy and scientific research.
Obama signed a bill to provide health care to 11 million children.
Obama provided health care coverage to age 26, and arranged for coverage of pre-existing medical conditions for people of any age.
Obama cut prescription drug costs for senior citizens by 50 percent.
Obama promoted legislation and executive orders to improve the environment.
Obama supported gay marriage rights, and the passage of hate crimes laws on basis of sexual orientation.
Obama repaired our international image with our allies, and respect from our rivals in the world.
Obama signed nuclear arms reduction agreement with Russia.
Obama ended the war in Iraq.
Obama has set a 2014 deadline for withdrawal from Afghanistan.
Obama helped to liberate Libya from Moammar Gaddafi’s dictatorship.
Obama gave IRON DOME missile system to Israel to protect against attacks.
Obama has been willing to defend us against terrorist attacks in America and overseas.
Obama was able to eliminate Osama Bin Laden and other Al Qaeda and Taliban terrorists.
Obama was able to save a ship crew from Somali pirates.

No one is saying that everything is perfectly fine in America, but great progress has been made, and we are not about to repeal the many wonderful reforms and policies that Barack Obama has accomplished, more than any President in domestic affairs since Lyndon B. Johnson, and the greater respect and popularity in foreign affairs that we had accomplished under Bill Clinton, but was lost under George W. Bush!

It is still a fact that Obama has had to deal with the greatest set of crises since Abraham Lincoln and Franklin D. Roosevelt, but with a much large nation, population wise, than these top two Presidents had to consider in making policy!

Commentary on the election results will follow, once we know what the results are for Congress and the Presidency! Make sure you vote tomorrow, if you have not yet done so!

Obama Conspiracy Theories And Hate Mongering Has Failed To Defeat our President!

Tomorrow, Barack Obama will be elected to his second term as President of the United States, and all of the conspiracy theories and hate mongering that has gone on since he first announced for President in 2007 up to now will have failed to remove him from the Presidency.

At this time, it seems appropriate to review all of the terrible attacks and character assassination that has been visited on the 44th President.

Here goes, in no special order:

Obama is a secret Muslim and was sworn into office on the Koran.
Obama is in league with the Muslim Brotherhood in the Middle East.
Obama has encouraged a takeover of the nation by Muslims.
Obama has decorated the Oval Office in Mideast style.
Obama is being funded by a Saudi prince.
Obama is secretly gay and married a Pakistani roommate in college.
Obama has had a mistress, who Michelle exiled in anger.
Obama never wrote his own love letters.
Obama went to Mars as a teen.
Obama is the anti Christ.
Obama is a lizard in the image of a human.
Obama has brainwashed all of us, but needs a teleprompter to do so.
Obama’s campaign was funded by drug money.
Obama was born in Kenya.
Obama has a fake birth certificate.
Obama speaks Arabic.
Obama’s real dad was Malcolm X or Frank M. Davis
Obama was a Black Panther.
Obama’s mother and father were Communists.
Billy Ayers wrote the Obama Memoirs.
Obama wants to re-educate your kids in Socialist ideas.
Obama removed the American flag from Air Force One.
Obama will not say the Pledge of Allegiance.
Obama is coming for your guns, gold, your retirement funds and your property.
Obama was behind the BP Oil Spill, the Aurora, Colorado shootings, and Hurricane Sandy..
Obama faked Osama Bin Laden’s death.
Obama had conservative activist Andrew Breitbart killed, as well as others who oppose him.
Obama caused the Great Recession of 2008.
Obama has robbed the rich to help the poor.
Obama’s health care plan promotes death panels.
Obama is the most radical, lawless President in American history.

Are these 31 plus ideas enough craziness, stupidity, and total insanity?

NO President, even Abraham Lincoln, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Richard Nixon or George W. Bush, has had such a high level of mistreatment, disrespect, and faced such wild accusations without merit, that this decent man has had to endure!

But his haters had better get used to the fact that he will be in office for another four years, and will go down as a path breaking President, one of the best in American history, who endured through “thick and thin” to deal with challenges unmatched, except for Lincoln and FDR, but with both having a MUCH smaller population to have to protect and defend from domestic and foreign threats!

512 Paths To White House For Barack Obama; 76 Paths To White House For Mitt Romney

The New York Times and Nate Silver today list 512 Paths to the White House for Barack Obama, and 76 Paths to the White House for Mitt Romney in graph form, using different combinations of “swing” or “battleground” states to demonstrate the various paths.

Leave it to Nate SIlver, the most brilliant political statistician in America, who continues to say that Obama has an 85 percent chance of winning a second term, while Romney has a 15 percent chance of winning the White House.

Ultimately, in about 36-48 hours, we should know whether Nate Silver remains the “genius”, or is indeed a “paper tiger”!

Bet on Nate Silver would be this author’s advice!