About the Progressive Professor
- Washington Times 4/8/2012: Eagerness seen as a vice in presidential veepstakes
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel 10/20/2011: Middle-class outrage fuels South Florida Occupy protests
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel 3/9/2011: Low Turnout Makes Elections Expensive
- South Florida Sun-Sentinel 3/15/2010: Broward Voters Stay Away From Polls
- Tampa Tribune 3/8/2010: FAU prof says Tampa is the natural choice for 2012 GOP convention
I am proud to call myself a liberal and a progressive, as it has been liberals and progressives who have promoted the political, social and economic reforms of the past century that have made America the country that it is–a democracy designed to protect personal freedom, but also promote what is best for the nation as well.
The goal of this blog is to present my views on public affairs and to invite comment and discussion on the important issues America faces in the nation and world today. I will publish all comments, except those which use insulting or foul language, or engage in name calling. Disagreement can still lead to a dignified and civilized discussion, which can educate this blogger, the correspondent, and the readers of this blog.